- This event has passed.
Kids Who Fall Through the Cracks – Presentation & Open Forum
November 17, 2021 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
This interactive presentation challenges the one-size-fits-all approach to teaching, learning and behavior. We will discuss Kids Who Fall Through The Cracks and the importance of a “whole-child” approach that enables students to find personal meaning in learning, grow at their developmental pace, and cultivate a feeling of self-worth for who they are and how they learn.
– Gain an understanding of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), creating an environment where all students can flourish
– Value the need for a supportive environment that promotes strong relationships among staff, students, and families
– Learn about “community, exposure and opportunity” for well-rounded, student-centered, applied learning experiences
– See how strength-based, engaging instructional practices can develop students’ ability to manage their own learning
– Review how to initiate skill building through the Collaborative & Proactive Solutions (CPS) approach to solve problems with our youth
– Come to understand habits, skills, and mindsets that develop students’ social, emotional, and academic competence rather than years of learned helplessness
– Be provided with information about educational tools and methods that customize the learning and production process including Self-Regulated Strategies Development (SRSD)
This is an open forum to answer questions and to guide parents and professionals.
If you are already a member of our Community Support Group, please register using the “Member” registration below. If you would like to become a member, please add both the “Community Support Group Annual Membership” and “Member” registration to your cart. If you would simply like to join us for a single session, please purchase the “Standard” registration below.