Join us for a 2-part workshop series w/Chava Blitzer, Assistive Technology specialist, who will teach attendees about the Don Johnston’s Chrome-based apps, Snap & Read and Co-Writer Universal.
This workshop is geared parents, professionals, high school & college students who will learn HOW TO:
– Set up and understand features of Snap & Read and Co: Writer Universal
– Access built-in outline templates to assist with planning and organization
– Automatically generate reference page for papers in MLA, APA or Chicago style
– Increase reading ability with leveled text option (maintaining higher level vocabulary while altering for understanding)
– Use text-to-speech, annotation, color coding, and translation options
– Take advantage of real-time word & phrase prediction and speech recognition
– Automatically pull in academic and topic-specific vocabulary and use phonetic “flex-spell” for writing
– Overcome frustration for those with learning disabilities such as Dyslexia and Dysgraphia who may struggle with output by removing obstacles and saving time and energy
– Monitor progress and use assessments
These tools are beneficial to ALL learners by providing a toolkit to meet the different ways and styles in which students learn today—from students who have challenges that affect their ability to read and write to the most advanced students who appreciate a structured approach to tackle assignments.
During Spring 2022, we will build on these two sessions with small group, 8-week training to develop reading, writing, planning and organizational skills through Self-Regulated Strategy Development (SRSD). Individual sessions may also be scheduled for younger students. Contact us to learn more and reserve a seat!